Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pull-up and push-up for points

5 rounds for points.
1 min Pull-ups
30 sec Rest
1 min push-ups
30 sec Rest

Pull-up Points:
1pt - jumping pull-up
2pt - pull-up
4pt - c2b pull-up
8pt - MU

Push-up Points:
1pt - broken push-up
2pt - strict push-up
4pt - clapping push-up
8pt - hspu

Post pull-up point, push-up points, and total points to comments.

25 Names of Jesus Christmas Study
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus….” Timothy 2: 4-6

Christ is the Mediator
By Amy Schniederjan

I don’t know about you, but some days I am in need of a go-between in my relationships and involvements. Many days, I’m at a loss for words when I need them ….and then other days, I have too many words when silence would have been preferable. In fact, there are days I just want to shut my door to the world out there and hide from the situations and circumstances coming at me, because I don’t trust that my beliefs, feelings, and even my actions will communicate themselves in any understandable form or fashion. Many days, I don’t even understand me.
                              
I need a mediator. Every day.

Second Timothy 2: 4-6 says, “For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus….” When I looked up the definition of mediator in the dictionary, the first definition states that a mediator is “…a negotiator who acts as a link between parties.”

Well, there you go.  That’s what I need – Christ as my negotiator who on a daily basis will help me understand people…and will help people understand me.

But then I read further. A mediator can be several types of things: an intercessor, a reconciler of differences between disputants, a person who arranges marriages, an interpreter between speakers of different languages, and someone who brings one thing into harmonious agreement with another. EVEN IN PHYSIOLOGY, there is such a thing as a mediator: it is a substance or structure that mediates a specific response in bodily tissue. At first glance, it would seem that Christ as the mediator would fit only a few of these external definitions, because seriously, how can I relate Christ to the whole physiology thing?

And yet, when I study these definitions, how can I not?     

For instance, when I think about Christ as an intercessor – I think of Him as the Holy Spirit interceding for me in the spiritual realm when I am down on my face in prayer about a specific situation. When I think of Christ as a reconciler of differences, I think of my parents who divorced thirteen years ago, but have recently developed a healthy friendship again – a friendship only possible because of Christ. When I think of Christ as a person who arranges marriages, I think of the way my husband and I had always known the same people though we grew up in different towns (he even went to my high school senior prom with another girl!); and yet, God didn’t arrange for us to finally meet until we were twenty-seven years old. The rest, as they say, is history.

When I think of Christ as the interpreter between speakers of different languages, I think of an old college friend of mine who always had a heart for missions – and has now started a successful non-profit organization that benefits women in third-world countries - women with whom she shares the Gospel despite the language barriers. But it’s the physiology definition that hits me between the eyes the most: when I think of Christ as someone who mediates a specific response in bodily tissue, well…. I think of how He opened my womb after years of infertility and blessed me with not one, but two beautiful children. He IS the mediator of my physical ailments as well as my spiritual shortcomings….and He makes all things new.

So in every sense of the word, Christ is indeed the mediator of my life….He is my negotiator, my intercessor, my reconciler, my arranger, my interpreter and my healer. I may not understand this world around me, and I certainly don’t understand my own self some days, but I have a go-between – a mediator -  who is my link and my lifeline to God above.

And His name is Jesus.

No comments: