Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DB Snatch

2 rounds for time of
10 Dumbbell Snatches w/alternating OH lunge each rep (50/35)
800M Run
 
Post time to comments.

BURPEES-TO-BABY: 37 burpees!

UPCOMING EVENTS:
World Wide WOD @ Carport CrossFit!
Join thousands of other competitors around the country for a ONE DAY, THREE WOD blowout! Compete in one of the three divisions to fit any athlete. August 10th, just two weeks after the CrossFit Games are over, you will want to jump into this Garage Games Event! Now is your chance to “Be The 1″ for you to take the stage, for you to shine. If you are a beginner… no problem. A Scaled competitor… no problem. An RX Beast, we got you covered. A Master at either RX or scaled levels… yep, you are in.

REGISTRATION INFO
Individual: $50
Event Date: August 10th
Location: CARPORT CROSSFIT!!
Workouts: View them HERE
Divisions: RX, Scaled, Beginner, Masters 40-49 RX, Masters 50 RX, Masters 40 Scaled
Teams: No
Check-in: 8:00am
Start-Time: 9:00am
Reg. Ends: 2013-08-07
Competitor T-shirts: $12 (you can purchase them HERE from WODLife)

14 comments:

bill said...

35# (longevity weight) 10.47

I tried snatching the 50#er prior to the WOD...it wasn't happening. Coach Cori figured I hadn't really given it a good try but during that brief effort I could hear the distant sound of large metallic parts coming loose and hitting the ground so I hit the brakes;0)

Great job Eddie, Josh and Shane on throwing the big dog weight this a.m.! And Sheenoozer....we missed you. Were the extra minutes worth it??

Unknown said...

Good WOD this morning. Good to be back too! Did the wod in 8:55 with splits of 4.16 and 4.39. Then did the front squat 5s. Josh worked me up and got to 265#. Felt good!

Unknown said...

Good WOD this morning. Good to be back too! Did the wod in 8:55 with splits of 4.16 and 4.39. Then did the front squat 5s. Josh worked me up and got to 265#. Felt good!

Sandy said...

After overhead squats yesterday and overhead lunges today, I am already trying to figure out ways to limit having to go up and down our steps!
25# - 14:07
Thanks to Shane for keeping me going on that last 800m. run! One day I am going to get younger and do all this stuff faster. :-)

Brooke said...

LOVE that look of determination. That is Cynthia in FULL WOD mode. All. The. Way!

bill said...

Now THAT is the Cynthia we know! That look would have brought even Perry Mason to his knees in the courtroom.

Were Cynthia and Brooke jumping on the same box at the same time?

You Ladies make me proud to be a Carporteur! WELL DONE!

Brooke said...

Bill, you crack me up!
Yes, the girls had to jump on the same box, and so did the guys!
I am HOOKED to team competitions now. They are so much fun!!

Puma said...

Dear Bill:
Is "Carporteur" French for "Carporter"?

Jennifer said...

Love seeing the pictures from this weekend! Great job Team Carporteur! :)

The Raulstons said...

That is a big old nasty face! In my defense, we were behind and had some catching up to do!!! So much fun and so glad I didn't stomp on the boys' hands or hit Brooke in the face. Wait, I did hit Brooke in the face, but she said it didn't hurt:)

Eddie Allen said...

AWESOME PHOTO!!! I sure wouldn't have wanted to get in the way right there!!

Thanks for the remarks Bill but as my dad used to tell me I was getting too big for my britches. Lucky one of those times I didn't drop it on my head. 12:34...easy time to remember.

Not brown nosing but our coaches have been really doing a good job pushing me along. I sure do appreciate it.

Cori said...

Oh Eddie, you know you are sucking up. ;)

Team carport kicked some booty!

sheena said...

bill, the extra few minutes were indeed worth it. :)

i still got up to go for a jog. i also went for another jog when i got home...and i'll probably do some push ups before bed.

by the way, i love my new nickname! haha.

Cori said...

tomorrow's wod is:

Push Press 3-3-3-3-3
then
Using 50% of 3RM, accumulate as many Shoulder-to-Overhead reps as possible during the following 10 minute Burpee ladder.
Minute 1 - 1 Burpee + AMRAP Shoulder-to-Overhead
Minute 2 - 2 Burpees + AMRAP Shoulder-to-Overhead
Minute 3 - 3 Burpees + AMRAP Shoulder-to-Overhead

Post loads and total reps to comments.