Monday, August 25, 2014

Max Front Squat 10-8-6-4-2

We had a great time working out at Mountain Brook High School yesterday!!

20min to establish 10-8-6-4-2 rep max Front Squat. Total of all loads is your score.
(First establish your 10-rep max, then 8-rep max, and so on. You must go in that order 10-8-6-4-2. For example, once you have moved from the 8-rep scheme to the 6-rep scheme, you cannot go back and re-attempt your 10-rep or 8-rep max. You may change weights as needed. Weight taken from the rack.)

Then

10 min AMRAP
30 sec Wallball, weight of your choice
30 sec Rest

AMRAP score is load x reps. Post front Squat and AMRAP scores to comments.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I think I didn't understand the "heart" of this WOD (or maybe I did and that is why my legs have been giving out on me when I go down steps). I warmed up on the 10 reps at 65#, then did 85#, then did 90# for 10 reps. Did 90# again for 8 reps, but by this time my legs were beginning to feel pretty tired. Tried 95# for 6 reps, failed after 4, so then went down to 85# and got the 6. Back to 90# then on the 4 reps and 2 reps. We only had time to stay for the first 3 minutes of the AMRAP. It is a good thing! Because after we arrived at our house I almost fell down trying to walk down our driveway. I am really going to be sore tomorrow!

Carport Crossfit said...

Tomorrow's WOD is

EMOM for 10 minutes perform
3 Hang Muscle Clean & Press
***Choose a weight that you can truly MUSCLE CLEAN and PRESS rather than power clean and push press.

Then

Ten 30 sec rounds of
15 lateral hops
As many Shoulder to Overhead as possible, weight of your choice

Score is load x reps Shoulder to OH. Post muscle clean and press load, and AMRAP score to comments.

Puma said...

145/155/160/175/190 on FS

2800 on WOD (30#x54 reps/20#x59 reps)