Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Muscle Clean and Press

EMOM for 10 minutes perform 1 Muscle Clean and 3 Presses for max press speed. Choose a challenging load that you can move accurately and quickly.
 
-then-
 
3 x 3 min rounds for max reps Burpees.
Run 200M with two 25#/15# plates. Use a pinch grip to carry your plates.
As many Burpees as possible
 
There is no rest between rounds. At minutes 0:00, 3:00, and 6:00, athletes will run the 200M loop while carrying their plates. When they return to the gym, they will use whatever time remains of the 3 minute round to complete as many Burpees as possible.
 
Post reps to comments.

13 comments:

Puma said...

Since there were no comments yesterday and, so far, no comments today, I decided to comment: I love the Carport.

Brooke said...

Ditto Puma! Why is everyone so dang quiet? Where are our morning super stars? Shane? Bill? Anyone out there?

Brooke said...

Sandy? Tonya?

Oatie said...

Bueller, Bueller....

Jennifer said...

Running with plates...again! Should be great for my sore legs after 100 fast WB yesterday!

bill said...

Actually for us Tuesday was a pure Sheenoozer.

Unknown said...

This is just a little skillz with a little more fun with the plate tote.
Bill would call it a pre-WOD before the WOD :)

Unknown said...

I did 139 reps yesterday. At least I finished my wall balls on the second round, but that is all. Today was a nice stretch and yoga day after all those wall balls. I'll be back tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Well I have not meant to give the blog a silent treatment but I have been in meetings the last w days. 74 burpees today and 300 yesterday with 5 MU misses

Cori said...

15 minutes to establish max reps OHS, 95/65. Total of your best 3 attempts is your score.
-then-
3 x 1 min rounds for max reps Lateral Hops. Rest 1 minute between rounds.
15 Hang Power Cleans 95/65
As many Lateral Hops over barbell as possible in time remaining.

The Raulstons said...

That WOD was a heavy breather - that is for sure! I wanted so badly to just carry the plates in the middle. Just for one length of the building. Alas, I did not and just kept putting them down and picking them back up.
Got 57 burpees.

Jennifer said...

That was a chest, legs, arms burning type of WOD. I struggled to hold on to the plates in rounds 2 and 3. 37 burpees I think!

Puma said...

Did the Muscle Cleans/Presses as an ascending ladder. Worked up from 65# to 105#.

35 burpees on the WOD