Thursday, May 2, 2013

DB Thruster, Ball Slam

100 Dumbell Thrusters (50/35)
100 Ball slams (30/20)

Partition the DB thrusters and ball slams as needed. Post time to comments.

POUND FOR POUND
Saturday, May 11th - VOLUNTEER today!
CrossFit Montgomery is hosting the third annual Pound For Pound (A.K.A. #4#), a one-day fitness competition. Scoring and weights used in the workouts for advanced and intermediate athletes will be scaled based on the body weight of the athlete. We ask: Are you the fittest pound for pound?

Pound For Pound 2013 is powered by Wright Equipment. This year's event is a fundraiser for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF). The event is free and open to spectators; however, monetary donations for SOWF will be encouraged at the event.

More information is available on their website: www.crossfitmontgomery.com/pound4pound.


12 comments:

Cori said...

Max snatch 120. Max clean 155.
5 hspu every 30 sec for 5 min.
Wod rx 16:45
Oh my shoulders. I knew that was gonna suck, and suck it did. Blah. Stood around a lot trying to breathe and talk myself into picking up those 1000# dumbbells, i mean 35# dumbbells. Barf-o-rama.

Cori said...

Lol sorry for the negativity! The above comment was immediately post wod. :)

Unknown said...

the 100 DB Thrusters and 100 Ball Slams was rough for me mainly because I am horrible at thrusters and the other was that I think the work out was tough.

19:16 was my time for RX

Unknown said...

Mr Bill and Mrs. Sandy we missed you this morning and Cara, hope you get to feeling better!

And Eddie......

sheena said...

15#DB & 20#SB = 16:06 (with no fussing)!

Unknown said...

15# Dumbbell and 20# slam ball

12:28

Oatie said...

That...was...nasty!! #15/#20

Brooke said...

Bill Myers, just for the lingo record, THAT, my friend, was a humdinger, dowally, slap yo mama kind of wod!! Holy shimoly! Looking forward to seeing if I can walk in the morning! Ha ha! AWESOME programming, Coach Drew! You certainly know how to keep us on our toes, I mean, heels! :).

Judy Ranelli said...

I did 75 thrusters and the knee said, no more. 15 lbs.
I finished the ball slams, 20 lbs.
Time was 14:45.

bill said...

Nice lingo Brooke. That WOD looks like it deserves a name of some kind.

Jennifer said...

15# DB
20# slam ball
12:46
Holy leg and arm soreness.

Unknown said...

Well about 11 minutes in I had a visit from Mr. Pukie...no bueno. Got completely obliterated by the thrusters but managed to limp across the finish line in 15:57. Whew, that was a tough one.